Saturday, April 17, 2010

Hangin' with Kate Hudson


By the time we got to New Orleans, we were pretty hungry. We decided to try one of the "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives" places...Surrey Cafe at 1418 Magazine Street. Since I have parallel parking deficit disorder, it was a relief that I could just come in for a landing right in front of the place.
For some unexplained reason, we all walked in separately. I was lagging behind, having stopped to see if there were any brochures of things to do that would spark our interest. Meanwhile, Terrell and Carly had grabbed a table. I looked up to head to the table and this girl looked right at me and then away. I thought, where had I seen her before?
I wanted to ask her if she worked for US Airways. She looked so familiar. Then it hit me...she was Kate Hudson. When I sat down at our table (about 10 feet from her), I whispered this new tidbit to Terrell and Carly. Terrell about peed her pants and insisted on me taking a photo. I thought she wanted to be in the photo so the picture has Kate Hudson in the background...on her cell phone...leaving the poor guy she was with just hanging there watching her on the phone.
Meanwhile, the waitress informed us that she (Kate) frequently eats there. After we ate there, I could see why. I had a crabmeat omelet that was unbelievable. The waitress, Gretchen, was a doll and gave us the scoop on how to easily navigate down to the French Quarter and check stuff out. The Surrey Cafe is great...and you can leave your car parked right there all day and go check out the French Quarter, an easy walk down Magazine Street.

No comments:

Post a Comment